Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Well look what I completely forgot about!!

This blog.


This blog was placed on the bottom shelf, in the very back. You know what I'm talking about, the same place where you put all of those useless appliance's and the cookie sheets that are so badly burnt from the last time you made that crappy recipe. Yeah....that place.

However as I was cleaning out my "bookmarks" on my laptop tonight (really did I need to bookmark how to make Star Wars snowflakes?? In case you are interested and want to bookmark something you will never make, here is the addy....http://mattersofgrey.com/diy-star-wars-snowflakes/ )I came across this blog. At first I was hit with guilt, oh what have I done? I gave birth to a blog and abandoned ship within 5 posts! Then I realized that I missed it.

You see, I sew mostly at night. Alone. Just me and my thoughts.
Sometimes (read: all the time) I have no extra space for these brain ramblings. However sometimes I come up with a great thought or idea and I get so excited that I spin around in my spinny chair only to realize that there is no one there to listen to this awesome-OMG-this-is-going-to-change-the-world idea.

So that is where this blog comes into play....again.

Sooooo tonight I am excited to present to you my newish and improved studio area in our basement!

A few weeks ago, I was whining to my husband about needing more space. No not that kinda space, our marriage is just fine! The other kind of space....sewing space. To my surprise he agreed with me...whoa!
So began the brainstorming of where all of the basementy crap will go if I take over. Well it got figured out or thrown out.
Tables were moved, new lighting installed (thanks Dad!!) and a 4x8 cutting table was born (once again....Thanks mom and dad!!).

This change was a breath of fresh air for me. It allowed me to enter the part of my brain that is scared of change, scared to move onwards and upwards when it is so cozy where I am.

Tonight I confessed a secret to my cutter (Hi Heather!!), the fact that this....THIS is what I want to do....forever.
Sewing pleases me, makes my heart and soul happy. The smell and touch of a perfect cotton brings a smile to my face.
This four daisies thing started as a way to allow me to continue sewing. Make enough money from one sold item to buy a bit more fabric to make another, that was all.

In two short years I have grown leaps and bounds. It has allowed me to open my eyes and see more possibilities, meet more people and do what matters to me and to my family. It has allowed me to sew and create.

Thank you for placing orders and purchasing my goods. Because of you, I am more determined than ever.

Blessings,
Brenda

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brenda
    Congrats on your new space, it look great!
    I really must visit you at Millerville (I am from High River)
    Like you, I love to sew and sew when I get going, enjoy!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete